Saturday, November 22, 2008

Back again with an update. Sorta

So no updates since I haven't done any work. I still have the studs in the motor. And it is still hanging out in a corner of the desk/work table in the garage. Lately I have been getting things sorted out here at the house. Thanksgiving is coming soon and we are going to be shopping for food and getting the house cleaned up for T's folks to stay for a little while.

One recent project was refinishing a table. We had this little hand me down from my sister, it has worked well but really was not the best table for family use. Just a little round bistro type table. In our move, our old neighbors offered up an old table of theirs that was in storage. We figured that it could be a good craft table for the basement or maybe even get the "Shabby Chic" treatment and maybe be a useful table. It was definitely more solid than what we were using, and also had an extra leaf to allow for more than four people to sit and have a meal.

So this is what we started with.
100_0688

And here is what we ended up with after a lot of sanding, black paint and some poly wood stain.
DSC00504

Quite a transformation it was. And definitely well worth the effort.

Now also that last few weeks I have been struggling in a couple of my classes. One was algebra, which when I picked out the class I figured wouldn't be so bad. Back in the time that I went to school I had made it and passed geometry, so I assumed that algebra would be a no-brainer. Well I was fucking wrong. Even after trying to cram the last couple of weeks I bombed the class. And bombed bad.

So the rules are for University of Phoenix is that when you are complete aid, if you fail a class, you have to pay out of pocket for it. It is a great motivator. But really sucks ass when you do fail. So now I have to figure out a way to scrape up a grand for that class before I can go any further. And to think I was at the last pair of classes for the halfway mark to my AA.

The holidays are coming close, so I am not gonna stress on it too much right now. Considering it is gonna be tight enough as it goes, and time will be non-existent anyhow. So I will probably get back to everything after the first of the year.

No comments: