Sunday, February 11, 2007

Hell yeah!

Still no pics, but I do have a quick story to tell.

I started my new job a couple weeks ago. So far I am digging it. No one really wants me to work on their stuff yet since I am still the FNG and the last tech did a good job for everyone. So it has been a few days of cleaning things up and kind of forcing myself on people. "Hey I am the new guy. Nope, she is working on other stuff so you gotta cope with me" stuff.

But the other day I was having lunch with the others from the IT department and the big boss mentioned his machine shop at home. Now of course I couldn't let a line like that pass, so I mentioned this project. And he did show some interest.

So last week I took the pieces for the girder that are in bad need of repair and we began to discuss how to go about fixing them up.

I have a basic idea of what I want to do, but nothing totally concrete yet. So next week I am going to pen and paper some stuff down and see what it would take to make it work. And then have to get up the cash for the steel and then work out a concrete deal with the boss to make this stuff happen.

No comments: