Sunday, February 04, 2007

Progress, we don't need no stinkin' progress...

Hit the wall this week.

I started a new job on the 29th and my mom has been in the hospital for a bypass, so no work was really done on the bike.

I did buy a can of black primer and bombed the tank. I had begun to think, "if this is supposed to be a ratbike, why the hell am I being so damn careful about it?" So I slapped on a coat of primer and let it dry. The finished product brought out the dents so wonderfully that I think I am gonna go ahead and at least try and get those filled and sanded.

I may try and see if I can either find or create a tool to get into the dented areas and beat them out a touch. But I don't know if it will be possible with what I have around here. If I can, then it gets that good ol' bondo treatment.

I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do about the top tree on my girder. It makes me sad. The new shop I am working at has a full machine shop and welding rigs, and I can't sneak in and use any of it.

No comments: