Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ummm... Shocks?

One of the more liberating things about having a place all to yourself, is the fact you can tear apart shit in the kitchen and no one will bitch at you.

I tried to pull the shocks off the top tree again today. But it still ain't happening. Damn things are pretty well stuck.

But I did pull the coils off and got a better look at how they are constructed. The shocks are so worn out that really they are there to hold the springs in place. There is zero tension to them and the seals are pretty well eaten away.



The only markings I have found so far are the tension settings for the coils and a "Made In The U.S.A." marking. I am wondering if it would have been better to have never pulled the front off and run it as it was. You know ignorance is bliss and all that.

I didn't get a chance to pull out my belt sander today and try knocking the chrome down yet. But tomorrow is looking pretty quiet so I think I will go for it then.

No comments: