Thursday, March 06, 2008

I'm Here!

I here! And I am... In Utah??

Yes! Yes, I am!

It is cold, it is windy, it is... not California.

We spent Friday loading up the truck. By the time we were finished, we had the truck to the back door and packed up my car on the dolly to the top. The only thing we left behind was the Honda. The poor chopper keeps getting the redheaded step-child treatment. I keep leaving it behind whenever I move. But it shouldn't be too bad. I have it stored safely and the next time I am back in Cali, I will pick it up and get her home.

So once packed up we said goodbye to our old place.

100_0492

It was late when we finished. And all of us were exhausted.
Rather than try and hit the road that night. And since we like the idea of sleeping in beds. The four of us spent the night at T's folks place. They are near the freeway so it made it easy to get on the road too.

By 4:30am, we were trucking along the 215 and making our way north. Uhaul trucks are not known to be fast, but we did our best to make it work for its supper. Though 75-80 was all any of us could get out of it.

By about 10 we had made it to Primm, NV. If you haven't been there, don't worry. You really aren't missing anything. It is just the first town to gamble on the way to Nevada. I am not a gambler by any stretch of the imagination so Nevada is not any place I really need to be. Those of you that dig the Vegas lifestyle, my hats off to you.

We kept trucking along through Nevada, on through a patch of Arizona, and then into Utah. We had traded spots a few times, but all of us were getting tired of the road. Bad food, indigestion, and a good dose of monkey butt.

But towards Nephi, only a couple of hours away, the skies decided to welcome us to Utah. As the wind picked up and the skies darkened. We were treated to a freezing rain, slushy snow, and then a good dusting of the white stuff.

100_0514

I was driving point in the UHaul and had yet to take a nap. So the snow wind and exhaustion made me decide that slowing down was a good idea. around 6:30 we made it up to T's sister's place. She had some Domino's waiting for us. After stuffing our faces and going over some basics, we followed her over to our new place. I still haven't taken any pics of the front of the place. But needless to say, it is a new box house in a "master-planned" community. Not all bad. But I never thought I would ever live in one of these things.

But this makes up for it.

100_0519

That is the view out our dining room window. Our kitchen window faces the same area. That kinda rocks.

After this I bet you expect me to say I went out and began looking over the area, right? Like hell I did. Nope I was just kicking this bug that was going around in Cali. Well sleep deprivation, too many road miles and my typically great personal healthcare habits meant that it came back with a vengeance. A vengeance, a few buddies and hung out and kicked my ass for three days. It is finally going away, but I have to say, if someone had dug me a hole in the ground, I would have crawled in and let them toss the dirt on top of me.

So what's next? I need a job. I have a couple of things lined up. But man I don't do well without some structure. I don't know what I will do when I retire. I think I will need some hobbies or something.

No comments: