Monday, June 09, 2008

Decision Time.

Since the last posting, I have been doing some serious thinking. I got my income tax refunds and "stimulus package" in also. So over the last week here I have gone back and forth. Do I just replace the parts I need, do I buy something that will get me by, or do I buy the parts to do it myself?

Over and over. I have scoured the ads and ebay for stuff. Even asked about this on hondachopper.com. It has been kinda tough to decide for me. I really want to ride. But I am actually making enough money not to be hungry at the end of the month. So now my need to ride is in direct battle with my need to do stuff the way I want to.

So today I finally came to a decision and I am going to stick to it. I am gonna get tools.

"What the fuck!" I know some people may be saying. "You have dicked around on this thing for almost a yearn and a half and what have you got? A pile of shitty parts and nothing to show for it." Here's the deal. The fucker is too low, some of the repairs, while I believe are perfectly strong, look like ass. And you know what? I have got a neutered toolbox that looks like the shit you give to you kid for their first toolbox to dick around on their bikes and skateboards.

I have maybe 10 metric sockets, most of them for a 1/4" drive. But I don't have a 1/4" drive anymore. So I had resorted to using an adapter for my 3/8" drive. And that fucker snapped the other day doing the brakes on the car. I have no welder, no hood (After only 14 years it took a shit and broke) no body tools, no air compressor (Gave it away a couple of years ago) none of the stuff I took for granted.

So welder, and compressor and a basic Crapsman kit for the house. It will get me back on the road to being able to do real projects.

Then I can get back to doing some real work again.

Now let's go over to what else is going on.

I bought some stuff for doing a rattlecan job on the chop. A can of primer and a test can of the Duplicolor brand black flake. It looks more glittery than a metal flake. And with a little test run over some black primer, it gives a definite gunmetal color.

And I have been scraping off paint from the fins on the motor. so hopefully I can get it cleaned up and either hit it with some hi-temp paint or leave it bare. Really that will depend on how it looks when I get it cleaned up.

And we picked up a dog this weekend. A little mongrel mix between a Border Collie and a Wirehaired Pointer. Cute as a button right now, but from looking at what the adults of each breed look like, probably gonna grow up to be pretty damned homely.

So keeping moderately busy between potty training and the motorcycle tweaking. Plus I am now gonna get my wish list started. Time to piss away some money!

No comments: