Monday, February 18, 2008

Imma updatin'

So off we are going. Two more weeks to go.

T and I have been trying to get everything set up and ready for this move. It seems to be going along ok. I am pulling some OT to cover a few costs, she is trying to get her bosses to get up to date on her pay and then we have deposits and paperwork and all the other good stuff to do. (Was that a hell of a run-on sentence or what?)

Today T met up with a guy at a company that wanted to hire her locally. Basically she got down there and was told,
a.) They want her to work there.
b.) They didn't know when she could start
c.) They didn't know how much they could pay her, but it would be less than the offer she has.
d.) They didn't know if she could ever move up to a position that would offer her what she is currently being offered.


All in all, not the best of deals.

I have to say, it isn't a bad thing. As it gets closer to leaving, I am liking the idea of this move more and more. I am starting to feel excited. Getting nearly a thousand miles away from the ex's side of the family doesn't sound too bad either. But here's the reasons I am feeling excited.

So far I have been seeing work all over the county for what I do. All of it near what I am currently making. I have gotten a couple of emails about resume's I have posted, which is a good thing. And we were able to get a house. That's right, three bedrooms, a den, a basement and a two car garage! For just a little bit more than I am paying right now for a duplex. How sweet is that? Of course T justs wants to be able to park her Jeep in the garage, but is not against the idea of the bike taking a long trip with us. So I get part of the garage for my personal merry making, hammer bashing fun.

So I am liking the idea of a nice fresh start and making a home with T. And while I am giving up on certain comforts, I stand to gain a lot too.

Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the only thing I have to say is that now that we know the bike is comming too... you still have to get it done by spring well maybe late spring.
T