Saturday, May 12, 2007

Keeping the oil where it belongs. Mini update.

100_0330

They look so good together. And I am feeling like a proud papa right now. Three handmade gaskets, and they aren't totally screwed up.

I had the remnants of some gasket material that I picked up a while back for carb base gaskets on my Corvair. And since a Rochester is maybe 2x2 in size, I had plenty left over.


100_0331

As you can see they aren't done quite yet. But There is not much to it. I want to see if I can find something that will help me cut openings for the bolts. But it will be detailed work. Something best when there aren't little people bugging you for entertainment.

100_0332

I am also sure I have more material than I should in a few spots. But it is easier to remove, than add. So I can trim it to fit, piece by piece.

I still need some of the rubber seals for the shifter and kick starter arms.

Tomorrow I will be on a grinder for a couple of hours. Hopefully I can make a good dent in getting the frame cleaned up.

No comments: