Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy fucking Father's Day.

To anyone with a little monster or two jumping around.

Me I made my own Father's Day gift. I finished up the frame.

100_0372

The downtubes have been slugged and re-welded. Along with cross bars to replace those gussets that it did have. Thanks to Honda500Chopper on hondachopper.com, I had measurements that I could use to pretty well make sure I won't have to re-slug it again.

100_0373

Even got that mangled section at the bottom of the frame welded up and cleaned up. This is not easy work. Part of me began to think to myself "It would be a lot easier if I just cut the whole damn thing apart and began from scratch.

100_0374

Here it is with my fancy kitchen spray bomb and the bates seat from Armuss. It definitely looks a lot more comfortable than sitting on the oil tank. I am debating about the mount for the front of the seat. I used the mount that was already there. It just looks like it is too far forward. So I may cut it and move it back and inch two. That can wait until I have all the pieces to mount the seat. Still need tabs and springs. For the pic I just used my handy block for metal working.

100_0375

But I like that seat so far. The bike needed some color. I was talking with a guy that told me he could get a hold of some scrap tubing for my pipes from his work. Out of the cast off stuff of course. It would save some cash, considering I don't need much and all the places I've gone to, only sell them in full length runs.

It is getting close man. So close.

No comments: